Hearty Red Bean Chili
Warm up your Winter nights or bring the tasty flavor of Hearty Bean Chili to a Summer barbeque to kick off any event with an all-time family favorite. This chili recipe is great for a healthy meal at home or an excellent dish for a Superbowl party. With all the veggies and protein you could ask for, this recipe is well-balanced. When used with a few Sriracha Seasoning Stix in a flavor of your choice, you will find that this recipe does not take long to make.
This recipe can also be made vegan for plant based diets, just skip the cheese but definitely not the Sriracha Seasoning Stix!
- 3 Seasoning Stix (Seasoning Stix blends for non-spicy flavor or Sriracha Stix for spicy flavor)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion - white or red
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cheddar or jack cheese on top is optional
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until tender. Stir in green pepper, red pepper, and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, and corn. Season with cumin, oregano, and basil, adding 3 Sriracha Stix or Seasoning Stix. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Save Time on Recipes
Gone are the days of adding in more chili peppers, paprika, salt, garlic powder, etc. separately which takes time to prepare and frequently taste test to make sure a recipe is right. That is not always practical to do if baking a potato, or a dish containing eggs - taste testing can’t always be done to make sure the seasoning is on point. Now, the worry of getting the taste just right is over. When you use Sriracha Seasoning Stix, you know exactly how much flavor and spice will be added to a dish each and every time.
When life is busy and time is limited, a fast meal preparation with an easy to make side dish is the way to go. Keeping meals quick and simple will save time and still provide the flavor and enjoyment that you and your family will appreciate as if you spent hours preparing it!
Just The Seasoning
Another great point to make along with the convenience of using Sriracha Stix is that it does not add a ton of extra ingredients to a meal or snack other than warm savory flavor. When Sriracha is used with almost any food item, all you are adding is the flavor, not much else. This is a bonus if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle using simple ingredients. Living and eating healthy on the go is not always easy, but now it can be!
For the days when you want to cook something tasty but still on the healthy side and not full of a long list of added ingredients then Sriracha Stix are the perfect go-to item. They can spice up your life in so many ways from Seasoned Chicken, Spanish Rice, Chipotle Mayonnaise, etc. Just see our other recipes for more ideas.
Ready, Set, Go Flavor!
When you show up to a party or gathering with the best tasting appetizer, main dish, or savory sauce - no one will be able to stop talking about it. Be prepared to answer questions about how you found the time to create such a great dish. However, it is entirely up to you if you want to spill the secrets of a good cook and just how easy it is. Sharing the love is something you can’t go wrong with, especially when it is too good to keep all to yourself.Check you local grocery retailer today or order online at www.srirachastix.com, www.seasoningstixs.com or on www.amazon.com to flip the script on your same old recipes and really get things cooking today!