Shrimp Gumbo With Sriracha
Southern comfort food is a great choice to serve for dinner any night of the week. This recipe was inspired by the all-time favorite dish made popular in city of New Orleans, Louisiana. It has Creole culture origination which the city is known for, and proudly serves Shrimp Gumbo better than anywhere in the U.S.
This recipe is a faster version so feel free to add in any other vegetable or seafood item you prefer. It has a deliciously special new spice flavoring when you add in a few Classic Sriracha Seasoning Stix. If more mild flavor is preferred, using your choice of a Seasoning Stix blend without Sriracha would be a good substitute and let the spice fans at your table add their own Classic Sriracha Stix or other flavor into individual bowls!
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped green pepper
- 1 can or fresh diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon or Italian seasoning
- ¾ lb uncooked medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- ½ cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup sliced okra if available (seasonal)
- 3 Sriracha Stix added to soup mixture
- Lemon slices to garnish for optional tangy flavor
- Optional: Crackers, garlic bread, or mixed green salad are great complimentary side dishes (see our Sriracha salad dressing for taste pairing)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, seasonings and Sriracha Stix. Bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the shrimp. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard the bay leaf. Serve with lemon slices if desired.
Save Time on Recipes
Gone are the days of adding in more chili peppers, paprika, salt, garlic powder, etc. separately which takes time to prepare and taste test often to make sure a recipe is right. That is not always practical to do if baking a potato, or a dish containing eggs - taste testing can’t always be done to make sure the seasoning is on point. Now, the worry of getting the taste just right is over. When you use Sriracha Stix for seasoning, you know exactly how much flavor and spice will be added to a dish each and every time.
When life is busy and time is limited, a fast meal preparation with an easy to make side dish is the way to go. Keeping meals easy and simple will save time and still provide the flavor and enjoyment that you and your family will appreciate as if you spent hours preparing it!
Just The Seasoning
Another great point to make along with the convenience of using Sriracha Stix is that it does not add a ton of extra ingredients to a meal or snack other than warm savory flavor. When Sriracha is used with almost any food item, all you are adding is the flavor, not much else. This is a bonus if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle using simple ingredients. Living and eating healthy on the go is not always easy, but now it can be!
For the days when you want to cook something tasty but still on the healthy side and not full of a long list of added ingredients then Sriracha Seasoning Stix are the perfect go-to item. They can spice up your life in so many ways from Seasoned Chicken, Spanish Rice, Chipotle Mayonnaise, etc. Just see our other recipes for more great cooking ideas.
Ready, Set, Go Flavor!
When you show up to a party or gathering with the best tasting appetizer, main dish, or savory sauce - no one will be able to stop talking about it. Be prepared to answer questions about how you found the time to create such a great dish. However, it is entirely up to you if you want to spill the secrets of a good cook and just how easy it is. Sharing the love is something you can’t go wrong with, especially when it is too good to keep all to yourself.
Check you local grocery retailer today or order online at www.srirachastix.com, www.seasoningstixs.com or on www.amazon.com to flip the script on your same old recipes and really get things cooking today!